1. What are the steps of business litigation cases in Hungary?
Our litigation lawyers
can help you with business litigation cases
. We can help you solve commercial disputes
through arbitration or by going to court. The experts from our Hungarian law firm
will help you gather and present evidence, serve the summons to the plaintiff and represent you in front of a Hungarian court.
2. What are the most important legal aspects I should know about company formation in Hungary?
Any company incorporated in Hungary
needs to comply with the requirements stipulated in the commercial law
about the business type, number of directors and shareholders and minimum share capital.
3. What are the basic legal requirements for foreign investors wanting to invest in Hungary?
need to observe the same rules and regulations regarding company formation
as local investors. They also have the same rights to open companies, although some business areas can be restricted to foreign investments. Our experts can help you comply with these basic legal requirements
. You can contact our Hungarian law firm
4. Will I need special permits or licenses for my new company in Hungary?
Yes. Businesses like restaurants or coffee shops as well as others that store and sell foodstuffs need to comply with hygiene and safety requirements and obtain special authorizations
. Import and export activities
are also conducted using special business permits.
5. What is the procedure of debt collection in Hungary?
Debt collection in Hungary
can be amicable, if the debtor agrees to pay after the notification letter is sent. If the debtor does not cooperate, you may initiate the legal procedures. The experts at our law firm in Hungary
can assist you throughout all the phases, including pre-litigation, judicial enforcement of claims, execution of litigated claims
and debt management
6. Do I need a visa to enter Hungary? How can I obtain it?
A visa is not necessary for certain citizens (those of the Schengen area), but others will need a short stay visa (type C) or other type of visa according to the length and purpose of the stay. Applications can be made at the Hungarian Embassy or Consulate.
7. What are the steps I must follow in order to obtain citizenship in Hungary?
Citizenship in Hungary can be obtained if the individual can prove that one or both parents have Hungarian nationality (certain conditions apply). Hungarian citizenship can also be obtained through marriage or through the naturalization or re-naturalization process.
8. What are the requirements regarding employment in Hungary?
The Hungarian Employment Law
establishes the existing types of employment contracts, the conditions for terminating such agreements and the employees's rights. These benefits offered to the workers refer to the minimum wage, rights regarding sick leave or maternity leave.
9. Are there any special requirements for marriage and/or divorce in Hungary?
Marriage is possible in Hungary between two foreigners. Our lawyers can help you prepare the documents. We can also help you if you are going through a divorce and need an experienced divorce lawyer in Hungary
10. How are individuals and companies taxed in Hungary?
Companies are subject to a 10% corporate tax rate
for up to 500 million HUF and 19% on larger amounts. Individuals are taxed on their income produced in the country with a general personal income tax rate of 16%.