Family reunification visa in Hungary – Get the assistance of our lawyers
Family Reunification Visa in HungaryUpdated on Monday 04th October 2021
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews..
based on 1 reviews..
A family reunification visa in Hungary, also called a family visa, allows a spouse and dependent children of a Hungarian resident or citizen to join that person in Hungary. This is a complicated process for a layperson, so our lawyers in Hungary can provide legal assistance in this procedure. A Hungarian citizen or resident must submit different kinds of information to apply for a letter of invitation. Then, the family members must submit the letter of invitation along with other required documents.
This is a lengthy procedure as it implies gathering and submitting several documents, so you can get in touch with our law firm in Hungary for necessary legal assistance. They will guide you through every step of acquiring a Hungarian family visa.
Documents required for family reunification visa in Hungary
Please find below the list of the documents required for obtaining the family reunification visa in Hungary:
- Visa application form: this form must be filled in with precise information. You also need to mention the exact period of your stay in Hungary;
- Foreign passport: your passport must have two blank pages and it must be valid for a minimum of three months after the date of leaving the Schengen area;
- Photos: you need two photos, one to attach with the application and the other included in the documents. The color photos must have a white background, captured within the last six months;
- Medical insurance: the applicant must have medical insurance for Hungary. In the absence of this insurance, you can apply for 30 days of travel insurance for no less than EUR 30.000. This will cover your medical expenses and you are obliged to present this 30-days travel insurance along with your documents;
- Marriage certificate: if you want a family reunification visato reunite with your spouse, then you must submit a copy of the marriage certificate;
- Child certificate: if you want a family reunification visa in Hungaryto reunite with your children, then you must submit a copy of your children’s birth certificates;
- Notarized documents: the marriage certificate and the birth certificate of the children should be in English. If these documents are not in English, then they must be submitted with the notary confirmed translation into English;
- Purpose of stay in Hungary: while applying for a family reunification visa in Hungary, it is necessary to identify the purpose of residence of the applicant’s family member. To identify residence purpose in Hungary, an individual needs to submit a copy of a student card, property documents, employment, or business-related documents depending upon the purpose of stay.
If you still have any ambiguities related to the family reunification visadocumentation, our Hungarian lawyers can further assist you.
Which family members can be reunited under a family visa?
A Hungarian resident or citizen can reunite with the following family members under a family reunification visa in Hungary:
- Children under the age of 18 years;
- Adopted children under the age of 18 years;
- A refugee under the age of 18 years can bring his/her parents to Hungary;
- A parent who cannot provide for himself/herself financially and depends upon his/her adult child in Hungary can apply for a family reunification visa;
- An adult-dependent child with serious health problems can apply for a family reunification visa in Hungary;
- Siblings who cannot provide for themselves and have serious health problems;
- Grandchildren or grandparents who cannot provide for themselves and have serious health problems.
Hungary entertains both refugees and the beneficiaries of subsidiary protection in the matter of reunification with their families. But the family members that a beneficiary of subsidiary protection can invite, are limited. You can rely on the legal knowledge of our lawyers if you are living in Hungary under a specific status and you want to reunite with your family under a family reunification visa in Hungary. Our attorneys in Hungary will guide you in all possible manners.
Immigration in Hungary
Hungary accommodates people by providing different kinds of visas to immigration aspirants across the globe. Please find below the number of immigrants from all over the world in Hungary:
- Hungary accommodates 26% foreign individuals from Asia, 3.79% from the continent of America, 3% from Africa, and about 65% of foreigners living in Hungary are from Europe;
- At the start of 2018, the number of foreign nationals residing in Hungary was 156,000;
- In 2019, the number of immigrants increased to 180,773;
- In the first half of 2020, the number of immigrants in Hungary increased to 200,150.
Contact our law firm if you want to reunite with your family member under a Hungarian family visa. After relocating to this country, our lawyers will also assist you in starting a business here.